from Contributor to Leader
The transition from an individual contributor to a leader can be a very challenging one!
Stepping up to become a leader has some exciting highs and can have some difficult lows if not provided with the skills, behaviors and tools needed. Utilizing the five MAGIC pillars, participants how to:
- Set their vision and effective goals
- Demonstrate service‐focused leadership
- Coach with a developmental approach
- Shape systems to provide positive reinforcement
We will introduce the seven key MAGIC success factors needed to effectively transition to the leader role.
This program helps individual contributors to become a leader, transform themselves and their teams, and develop the strong foundation of trust organizations need to achieve and exceed their goals.
Participants gain insight and skills to lead themselves and others. They learn our leadership model to increase their personal influence in the organization and inspire others.
- The MAGIC Leadership model
- Meeting for results – optimize goal setting and decision making
- How the three types of messages we send can help you manage relationships and effectively get tasks done
- Importance of coaching
- How to create trust and inclusion, lead former peers
What this means to you
By exploring each of these areas, participants will be able to:
- Effectively set goals for their teams
- Avoid new leadership pitfalls
- Identify and leverage their own strengths
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication
- Learn key strategies to direct, align and support their teams
- Model the skills of empathetic listening and express accountability
Participants explore how leaders communicate to align and inspire others. The focus is on learning what they can control and influence to bring about measurable results in themselves, associates and teams.
This program aligns with the vision and strategies of the organization as well as the internal systems and processes that help new leaders be successful.
Each program is tailored to the context of the organization and the specific needs of the audience. The course is highly interactive and practical, and participants explore their purpose and create a personal leadership vision. Using various skill practices, they engage in leading meetings and coaching others.
Through a combination of our proven leadership model, using a highly interactive approach, and providing effective take‐a‐way tools, participants learn to choose their actions and behaviors to support their success.
Depending on client needs, pre reading/assessment and post reinforcement is available.
This is a one or two‐day program. There is a maximum of 15 participants per class.