Maintaining business momentum with remote delivery in light of coronavirus precautions
The CDC and the WHO recommend social distancing and minimizing or ceasing gatherings due to the coronavirus. But this does not mean you need to sacrifice or compromise training, development, or coaching opportunities.
Remote delivery can help you stay on track now and in the future
We are committed to helping our clients stay firmly on track with a variety of remote delivery options. We realize how critical it is for you to continue achieving your performance goals. We are prepared to deliver our MAGIC programs remotely, anywhere in the world.
Tailored to meet your needs
Depending on your training requirements and technology capabilities, we can tailor our programs accordingly. What’s more, our two newest programs – MAGIC Transformational Leadership, and MAGIC Leadership from Contributor to Leader – are now also available via remote delivery.
And, our coaching programs such as MAGIC Coaching, and our consulting services all translate well to remote delivery. Our goal is to seamlessly support your business goals and growth without interruption.
5 ways to get the most from remote learning and consulting
Clearly, remote delivery changes the dynamics of face-to-face interactions, but can be highly productive and enjoyable. Here are five tips to help you and your team get every ounce of value from remote learning, development and coaching:
- Generate a sense of team ownership. Engage and encourage every member in the learning session or meeting to actively participate. Increase the team’s mindset by having specific roles for several in the session. Roles can include session organizer or host, moderator, note taker, timekeeper, and even idea synthesizer. Doing so helps everyone feel more integral, and able to contribute to a productive outcome.
- Incorporate caring accountability. By that we mean, giving members a practical way to help shape the change that will carry on as a result of the learning or development. One excellent tool for this is to ask each person at the end of the session to clearly state what they will contribute–what they will hold themselves accountable for doing as a result of the session.
- Spark a spirit of contribution. Facilitators who use the language of respect and responsibility become effective models for the style of contribution desired from participants. Respect is demonstrated when we value a person’s views, feelings, and abilities. Responsibility is modeled when we act responsibly for our words and the reactions they generate. Offering respect and responsibility makes others feel heard and cared for, and can breed deeper participation.
- Be versatile in communication styles. When working remotely, it is often difficult to convey or detect non-verbal cues as easily as when we are face-to-face. For facilitators and participants alike, remember to vary your communication styles to adjust to the listeners’ reactions. When using audio alone, feel free to alternate your tone, and make your smile audible. For video, use body movements that create trust, and establish an environment of inclusion and collaboration.
- Always communicate in all ways. Learning and working remotely can feel isolating at times, especially for the many who are new to doing so. The good news is, it has never been easier because of today’s omnipresent tech support. The key is to embrace technology while bringing your human touch to it. Countless tools and platforms are there to support our human need to connect with each other. Don’t underestimate the use of ‘please’, ‘thank you’ and their name. Create a plan with your workplace, managers and teammates. And commit to communicate always, and in all ways. Learning, idea sharing, and growth can continue when we all remain connected.
Momentum is the business imperative
Regardless of the challenges we all may be facing now, the key to ongoing growth is perpetual learning and development. That is our commitment to every client – to help you develop and hone the skills and strategies needed to deliver extraordinary customer experiences every day. Check out our MAGIC programs and talk to us about how we can tailor the right remote learning, development and coaching program for you.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I am reaching out to see what type of business writing courses you may offer. As we are in the new normal we have been delivering training via webex, teams and webinars. My supervisor is attending CSFM and mentioned you had hosted a course for them.